(Note: The address for this building changed many times over the years)
Samuel Puterbaugh signs his last will and testament, leaving to his son, Samuel, the west half of lot number 30 in Xenia, “known as the old Pottery”. (Will Record Vol. M, p. 17-24).
The building at 140 East Main Street (modern day street address) was built, replacing or encompassing, another smaller building. According to Broadstone’s History of Greene County, published in 1918, the building was first used as a wholesale grocery establishment, the well-known Eavey & Co. Wholesale Grocers.
H. H. Eavey made improvements, and aAccording to Auditor’s Duplicates, “Imp. Store 1870”—Value of Improvements “$5000”.
The building housed Palace Stable, owned by W. L. Marshall.
The building housed Palace Stable, but was bought and owned by L.B. Dean & Son.
Smith Advertising opened for business.
Central Auto Parts opened for business.
The building was purchased by the Board of County Commissioners of Greene County, Ohio.
Greene County Records Center and Archives opened to public.
Major structural damaged forced the Archives to close while the building was temporarily stabilized so the staff could move records to new location.
In January, the Greene County Records Center and Archives began moving records to new location at 535 Ledbetter Rd.
The building at 140 E. Main St. was demolished only July 3, 2012 due to loss of structural integrity.