Prevention, Retention & Contingency Program

Low-income households MAY be potentially eligible for a one-time $500 payment if you have a minor child and have had a loss/decrease in income or needs related to sheltering at home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.  This program is limited to available funds.  You must be a Greene County resident to apply.

Complete and submit your application on-line.
If you prefer paper, please print out the paper application.  Your printed application can be submitted by one of the following methods:
Mail to Greene CDJFS, 541 Ledbetter Rd., Xenia, OH 45385
Fax to (937) 562-6177
Use the drop slot in the front of the office window.

Do not submit more than once – choose only one method of applying (on-line or paper).
All PRC services are contingent upon availability of funding.

The PRC Program is designed to provide benefits and services to low income employed families in need to help them move out of poverty and become self-sufficient. PRC support is short term and is not intended to meet ongoing needs.


  • Families must have a minor child in the home
  • Reside in Greene County and meet the income guidelines of family income under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
  • Pregnant women in their third trimester without other minor children may also be eligible
Some PRC services are also available to non-custodial parents of a minor child who live in Greene County but in a separate household from the child.

Available Assistance

  • Contingency Services
    • Shelter
    • Utilities
  • Transportation
    • Auto repair
    • Auto insurance
    • Auto payments
    • Driver license reinstatement
Complete a PRC application stating need and the type of assistance request. For more specific question about the PRC Program, contact (937) 562-6000:


How do I file a discrimination complaint?

If you believe that you have been denied or delayed services for which you are eligible because of your race, color, national origin, religion, gender, political affiliation or belief (food assistance only), disability, age, or citizenship (WIOA), you must file your complaint within six months of the date on which the incident or treatment happened. To file a discrimination complaint, or if you need assistance filing your complaint(s), please contact the Bureau of Civil Rights at:

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
Office of Employee and Business Services
Bureau of Civil Rights
30 East Broad Street, 30th floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Telephone: (614) 644-2703 or toll-free 1-866-227-6353
TTY hearing impaired: 1-866-221-6700
Fax: (614) 752-6381