Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Farmers Markets are open in Greene County from May - October once a week in selected locations. Farm Markets are open through the growing season.
Why Buy Locally Grown Foods?
• It supports your local economy, revitalizing the neighborhoods where you live and work.
• It helps our nation’s security. In 2004, for the first time ever, the U.S. became a net importer of food.
• It is fresher, not picked unripe and trucked from far away.
• It often has less pesticide and herbicide residues than factory- farmed produce and livestock.
• It supports farmland preservation by reducing local farmers’ dependency on the large commodity markets.
• Direct marketing results in most of the consumer dollar returning to the farmer.
• You’ll get to know your local farmers and food producers.
• It challenges you to add a more healthful variety of foods to your diet.
• It acquaints you with your local farmers and food producers.
• It makes you feel GREAT!