Greene CATS Public Transit
Greene CATS is a county public transit system operated by the Greene County Transit Board. We provide safe, reliable, and accessible public transportation for the residents of Greene County with special attention to those who are transportation disadvantaged in coordination with agencies, organizations, businesses, and local governments. See Passenger Guide for more details.
We provide two types of Demand Responsive service: (1) Scheduled Rides pick up and drop off riders at any location within Greene County with limited service to neighboring counties. Operating Monday-Sunday 6:00 am - 9:00 pm; (2) Flex Routes have defined routes with scheduled time points that circulate and link Greene County communities of Beavercreek, Fairborn, Xenia, and Yellow Springs; operating seven days a week. A flex express route that connects Xenia to Downtown Dayton is also available.
Deviations on Flex Routes up to 1/2 of a mile are available upon request a minimum two business days in advance (by noon) and up to one month in advance.
- All services are open to the general public.
- All buses feature bike racks mounted on the front of the bus for carrying bicycles.
- All vehicles meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
- We connect to Montgomery County's Public Transit system, Greater Dayton RTA.
- No service on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day.
- Limited service on other major holidays.
- Vehicles are operated by First Transit, under contract to Greene CATS Public Transit.
- Dispatch hours Monday - Sunday 5:30 am - 9:00 pm
- If you are interested in becoming a part of the team that provides Greene CATS service, contact the General Manager at 937-374-6402 & choose extension 5
Reasonable Modification Request
Greene CATS Public Transit makes every effort to ensure individuals with disabilities have access to, and benefits from, all our services. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and FTA requirements, we invite requests for reasonable modifications to customers with disabilities.
- Reasonable modifications include: changes, exceptions or adjustments to our rules, policies, practices, and procedures to provide everyone with the opportunity to use all RTA services.
- Reasonable Modification Requests can be made by contacting the Administrative Office at 937-708-8322 and choose option 0, Ohio Relay at 800-750-0750 (or 7-1-1) or by email at email@example.com.
- Travel Training
- Coordinated Transportation Services for Agencies & Organizations
The Greene County Transit Board is a seven member board appointed by The Greene County Commissioners and is the direct applicant of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) urban transit funding for Greene County. Agendas and minutes for the current and previous 12 board meetings are available through our Agenda Center for viewing. Through our Archive Center, past agendas and minutes are also available online.
Title VI and ADA Program
The Greene County Transit Board, D.B.A. Greene CATS Public Transit, operates all services, routes and accommodations without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI and/or ADA may file a complaint with Greene County Transit Board. For more information on the Greene County Transit Board civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, call (937) 708-8322; or email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit the administrative office at 2380 Bellbrook Ave., Xenia, Ohio 45385 or download the information below.
|Discrimination Complaint Form|
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
The Greene County Transit Board (GCTB) encourages the participation of disadvantaged business enterprises in the contracts and programs funded by FTA. It is the policy of the U.S. Department of Transportation that DBE’s can compete on a level playing field for performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with federal funds.